The ElectriCChain is: 7 million global solar facilities watching the skies 24/7 posting live data* to 1 blockchain for scientists, researchers and human progress.
An Open Solar energy generation data project with an initial focus on verifying and publishing data from the 7 million solar energy generators globally on an open Blockchain.
A public tool to monitor solar energy globally in near real time. The ElectriCChain project supports the development of open standards and tools to publish and read solar electricity generation data using the SolarCoin BlockChain and/or other blockchain technologies.
Open collaboration on ElectriCChain site / slack and community for sharing and creating:
- Specifications for scientific & network data
- Tools for publishing & ingesting solar energy data to and from the Blockchain
- Discover ElectriCChain vendors (inverters/panels/monitoring technology) etc.
- Define irradiance, energy and reporting data standards to shape an open world
- Information from the initial solarcoin blockchain with data from 17 participating countries
Project members and the public collaborate at electricchain.org, meetups, conferences, etc with global open data deployment.
During our launch phase the ElectriCChain community is restricted to selected participants and vendors such as the SolarCoin foundation, Global SolarChange, Solcrypto, Sunspec, Reuters, NASA, MIT etc. with ongoing additions of manufacturers, developers. with the goal of:
Establishing roadmaps for technology, data standards, data sources etc.
A small subset of selected individual researchers and observers are also encourage to apply prior to the eventual full opening up of the project after the core community elements are in place.
*5-10 minute delayed….but working on making it better 🙂